When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Musselman Armless Coaster Brake

-
A good excercise as you can see the pat no

try google search us patent ... and see what you find!

Jesse, I'll try to find the patent tomorrow. I'm pretty adept at sleuthing the US Patent site.

Musselman Coaster Brake

Gary,
I have the same Musselman coaster brake on my Iver Johnson Truss Bridge.
I'm beginning to believe that the IJTB was manufactured around 1902.
The IJ serial numbers are #136554.

I have one of theses hubs too attached to 26" wheels on a girls bicycle that had an Indian crank on it. Of course it did to have the long axle nut. That is cool yours does. Cannot for the life of read the fine stamping. Just Pat. and numerous numbers that I can vaguely make out. That is an early rear hub. I assumed it was a little later. What would a Mussleman front hub look from the same era? Any know? Not trying to highjack this thread . found it interesting. Thx

I found an ad for the hub and neat site.

http://racycle.blogspot.com/2009/08/majors-story-racycle-odyssey-100-years.html

Attachments

• DSC02337.jpg
    DSC02337.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 234
  • Majors Story Racycle ads_Rev1b.jpg
    Majors Story Racycle ads_Rev1b.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 265
Last edited:
The front Musselman hub is unstamped and quite average.

I have one going on my Racycle build.

What's the patent number? Alvin Musselman sometimes used his Cleveland mechanic/test shop assistant's name in the patent.

I have both the old style rear Musselman armless and the later one. The old one has 1907-08

patents and the newer one says model 1931? It's older than 1931 I believe. I'll post pics of my

front hub and rears......

Back