When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Musselman coaster brake / S-2 rims.. what years were these used ??

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

49autocycledeluxe

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
I have a rusty late 50's DX. picked up a matching pair of wheels with a Musselman coaster brake hub. the rims hubs and spokes all look like they have been together for a long time. the brakes were a little stuck so I repacked them and they work great.

just curious if this is a hub Schwinn used and what year would these wheels be? the rims are painted S-2's

IMG_5647.JPG
IMG_5648.JPG

I've had many 1950's Schwinns with S2/S-2's, most have had New Departure, a few early or lower tier models had Bendix. I have never seen Musselmans on Schwinn. Post pic of rims.
Darcie

I had never even heard of Musselman hubs until I cleaned the rust off this one. the rims are rusty original paint S-2's with pinstripes, they are almost orange rather than white. they match the bike perfect. I don't have any pics here at work.

Back