When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Must have bike tools

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
I can use basic tools but I find you need plenty of these.

Bike repair stand
Hub Cone wrenches
Chain breaker
Standard Socket Set
Large and small crescent wrench
Rim truing stand w/spoke wrench (costly if you have to pay someone to rebuild your rims)
Bike pump
Consumables - Bearing grease, WD40, Evaporust

There are some specialty tools for rebuilding hubs that are really nice to have (but expensive and hard to find).
can you recommend a very good repair stand--bought one a few years ago that said it would be good up to 66 lb, but after using for about 2 months, it basically ''wilted'' being used for my 1940's and '50s Schwinns and a '40s Rollfast.......I don't want to spend a fortune, but need one for these heavies. thnx greg

can you recommend a very good repair stand--bought one a few years ago that said it would be good up to 66 lb, but after using for about 2 months, it basically ''wilted'' being used for my 1940's and '50s Schwinns and a '40s Rollfast.......I don't want to spend a fortune, but need one for these heavies. thnx greg
I purchased this one last year and its worked really well. My wife's 50's JC Higgins Jetflow and both of my prewar Colson's have been on it and remained stable.

The Park stands are also very nice but much more expensive.

tire levers...make changing tires soo easy and don't have to worry about poking your tube with a screwdriver! ...also a bike stand makes it so easier to work on your bike.. also the specialty cutters for cutting bike cables, regular cutters always fray the ends

I use Park stands. I have the professional which is very expensive, and I have the PRS-4 Bench mount stand, and one of the older Park folding stands. The folding stands are affordable and work really well for heavy bikes. I can put my heavy A$$ Whizzer in them!

Schwinn collectors need a kickstand tool and a slinky babe on the rear carrier. Mine was made in 1947 but is still serviceable. Those new models have their noses against their cell phones, while talking about dog food or some other non-bicycle related topic.

Last edited:
Back