When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Must have bike tools

-
I don't see it listed yet, but if you are working on road bikes (especially) the go-to tool is the Post that fits in the seat tube (in place of the seat post) and gives you something to clamp tightly with your floor stand without crushing or marring the frame-tube or paint. Not sure what it is called, mine is made by Park.

p.s. I get Kroil at the local industrial supply or Body shop supply house. Most hardware stores do not stock it around here.
The tool you are speaking of is the Park Tool ISC-4 (internal seat clamp), but it is no longer made and there is no replacement planned. Most folks simply raise the saddle sufficiently to grasp the seatpost, which is much tougher than the outer tube itself.

I installed a s2 wheel set on the bike and it had been rubbing on one side. Wheel needs a minor alignment but otherwise fine

Some brilliant suggestions above - especially the Pedal Wrench, always lending mine out - I'm a particular fan of this double head mini pump, especially for bikepacking if that's your thing. Fits everywhere and doesn't break - it's been put through its paces.

Ive been doing things all these years with just basic mechanic tools like wrenches, screw drivers, hammers, fire, water, cursing and bandaids. Lol
I will say the BEST move I ever made was getting a Park repair stand. Working on the floor is just the absolute worse for anything on a bike and the repair stand made working on any bike so much easier. I now have a wheel trueing stand but need to learn how to lace wheels.

Back