When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Must Have Motorcycle Reference Books: What are your favorites?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

New Mexico Brant

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
There are heaps of motorcycle books and many are throw-together trash meant to be eye candy.

Please post your favorites!

This is a must have for anyone interested in early motorcycles and bicycles. A lot of cross over with Pierce, Emblem, and others. It was just released in a second edition which is great! Previously the first edition cost hundreds on the secondary market if you could find a copy.

The Motorcycle Industry in New York State: A Concise Encyclopedia of Inventors, Builders, and Manufacturers​

Screen Shot 2023-06-07 at 3.07.33 AM.png

Last edited:
There was a short lived magazine in the 1990's called "Early Riders"- nice photos and a lot of them for single machines. The Dover reprint of "Early Motorcycles construction operation and repair" has all kinds of information and is cheap.
Thank you for the tip about the Dover reprint. I just order a copy.

I’ve never owned an Indian, but if I did, I’d be picking up this, because it was written by one of my best friend’s father (yes, it’s a shameless plug), who was one of the world’s foremost authorities on All Things Indian.

View attachment 1857181
Ahh!
One of the oldest books I’ve had in my personal library, is a book by, Jerry Hatfield.
9D27D04B-2703-4AAA-B4E1-E39D2DD7907B.jpeg

BD966195-69E7-4BBF-B84E-606247AF3167.jpeg

F088A1C7-CB7F-44A2-A11F-4B0ED479E841.jpeg

1AFD06B1-88DD-434E-B153-3B12B66DFCDF.jpeg

3F89FD52-94F2-4C1C-B5FC-C0BF73AE38E2.jpeg

ADC82D07-6E14-4BEE-97A7-0EDEC6AE71C4.jpeg
Be sure and tell your friend, that his dads work is still being appreciated.

Back