When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mustang grip info

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Vintagedad

Finally riding a big boys bike
I’m curious what the history behind these grips are. I didn’t find much on an initial search. They are imprinted with the word Mustang and are shaped like a horse head. I know Hawthorne and CCM made “Mustang” bikes. Does anyone know if these originally came on a specific make, model, year, etc? Were they aftermarket or part of an upgrade of some sort from a dealer? I’m aware they are rare and obviously pretty darn cool. I’ll probably move them at some point since I don’t have a particular use for them and they belong on an original bike if that’s what they came on. I’m just interested if anyone has anymore information about them.

81426943-6D1B-4A79-A923-B01792440D05.jpeg

8430154A-6161-4B0D-9182-B3D6D5AC4745.jpeg

86326355-C466-41F7-8C88-7C55162637AB.jpeg

Those are cool! I had a pair once, found them at the Memory Lane swap meet. I believe they are an aftermarket grip, not something that was stock on any bike. I checked Worthpoint for recent sales and they seem to be between $20-40 on there. One pair sold for $110 in April 2017 though. And a pair just sold on eBay in December for $12! Man I wish I would have seen those! Congrats! Those are awesome!

Those are cool! I had a pair once, found them at the Memory Lane swap meet. I believe they are an aftermarket grip, not something that was stock on any bike. I checked Worthpoint for recent sales and they seem to be between $20-40 on there. One pair sold for $110 in April 2017 though. And a pair just sold on eBay in December for $12! Man I wish I would have seen those! Congrats! Those are awesome!

Thanks for the reply. I noticed sales were all over the place from the research I did. I saw a set sold for as much as 150 and the one you said for 110 too but there were a couple others that sold for 40 etc. I won’t part with them unless I get a really good offer, it’s just not worth it to me as I might as well keep them at that point.

I can’t find much at all about them. I’ve yet to find a picture of them mounted on a bike anywhere online. I removed them from an old pair of muscle bike handlebars and they looked awesome mounted up though. I think your right aftermarket probably makes the most sense given how rare they seem to be.

Cool. But a little creepy. These palominos will travel through life forever looking backwards.

Back