When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mustang grip info

-

Vintagedad

Finally riding a big boys bike
I’m curious what the history behind these grips are. I didn’t find much on an initial search. They are imprinted with the word Mustang and are shaped like a horse head. I know Hawthorne and CCM made “Mustang” bikes. Does anyone know if these originally came on a specific make, model, year, etc? Were they aftermarket or part of an upgrade of some sort from a dealer? I’m aware they are rare and obviously pretty darn cool. I’ll probably move them at some point since I don’t have a particular use for them and they belong on an original bike if that’s what they came on. I’m just interested if anyone has anymore information about them.

81426943-6D1B-4A79-A923-B01792440D05.jpeg

8430154A-6161-4B0D-9182-B3D6D5AC4745.jpeg

86326355-C466-41F7-8C88-7C55162637AB.jpeg

Those are cool! I had a pair once, found them at the Memory Lane swap meet. I believe they are an aftermarket grip, not something that was stock on any bike. I checked Worthpoint for recent sales and they seem to be between $20-40 on there. One pair sold for $110 in April 2017 though. And a pair just sold on eBay in December for $12! Man I wish I would have seen those! Congrats! Those are awesome!

Those are cool! I had a pair once, found them at the Memory Lane swap meet. I believe they are an aftermarket grip, not something that was stock on any bike. I checked Worthpoint for recent sales and they seem to be between $20-40 on there. One pair sold for $110 in April 2017 though. And a pair just sold on eBay in December for $12! Man I wish I would have seen those! Congrats! Those are awesome!

Thanks for the reply. I noticed sales were all over the place from the research I did. I saw a set sold for as much as 150 and the one you said for 110 too but there were a couple others that sold for 40 etc. I won’t part with them unless I get a really good offer, it’s just not worth it to me as I might as well keep them at that point.

I can’t find much at all about them. I’ve yet to find a picture of them mounted on a bike anywhere online. I removed them from an old pair of muscle bike handlebars and they looked awesome mounted up though. I think your right aftermarket probably makes the most sense given how rare they seem to be.

Cool. But a little creepy. These palominos will travel through life forever looking backwards.

Back