When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My “Rustomod” Cruiser project

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Update on the ‘84 Rustomod - Changed back to original wheels with diamond tread tires and different seat. Did a little tune up maintenance and out for a short test ride. Rides nice and smooth. No creaks or squeaks!

94DE573C-FF28-4547-865E-0737C8884C5A.jpeg

B69138D6-599A-4619-9086-CE1A3C03170F.jpeg

Last edited:
Found it a girlfriend the other day. The ladies bike was built Feb ‘85 and the Rustomod in Oct ‘84.

8EB4860B-73BA-4297-AC53-BFD7DE403A6D.jpeg

D9E42C61-3A46-412C-BD22-54B5BFCCE504.jpeg

Last edited:
Super cool bike and nice job bringing it back. I think it might be a little newer than 84 though. The serial number doesn't appear to be stamped in the normal spot under the badge and it has the late style rear chaingaurd mount and late forks. This looks more like an 87 or so. May be these things started happening in late late 84, but I have owned 4 or 5 84's and they were all the earlier style frame and fork.

Hey Danny,
Thanks for the compliment.
Since I don’t have the original sales receipts for these and can’t be sure what year they were actually marketed/sold, I can only go by the numbers stamped on the head badges. The men’s is 2704 and the ladies is 0365. I do believe that you are correct, these things started happening in 84 as mfg shifted from Chicago to Taiwan.
On another note, we haven’t seen many pics of your collection lately. Post up some of your latest work. Would love to see ‘em!

Last edited:
Back