When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My 1913'ish Flying Merkel Double Bar

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Maybe a little workout with the “Little Brute” to straighten out the bent fork, for aesthetic reasons, but other that that, I agree!

It’s absolutely gorgeous as is.
What a fabulous bike!
Thank you for the look/see.

I might put a nice pair of Vitalic tires on it. But I'll make that decision when I have it at my house.

Thanks Dave!
hah! Since these are the originals, I want to keep them on it for sure. They say "Made by the United States Tire Co." and "UNITED STATES TIRE", also one side says "apply this side first" and the opposite says "apply other side first". Cool!

I need to re-mount the front on the rim, since it's partially off. Unfortunately they are pretty stiff... very little pliability left, so I'll have to figure out some magic to get it back on without cracking it.

Maybe a little workout with the “Little Brute” to straighten out the bent fork, for aesthetic reasons, but other that that, I agree!

It’s absolutely gorgeous as is.
What a fabulous bike!
Thank you for the look/see.
Yep, for sure! Also notice how there is less tire clearance on the front vs the rear? What's up with that!

What a great bike in an amazing color! That coating might be old shellac or a heavy wax the way it's seem to respond to scraping. You could test an out of the way spot with denatured alcohol on a q-tip to see if it's shellac. Turpentine should soften it if it's an old thick coat of linseed oil. The surface does'nt seem to hav alligatored like old lacquer or varnish but it might be one of those??

Now I know what everyone here is going to be dreaming of the night before Christmas instead of sugar plums, blueberry colored double bar Flying Merkels.😴

Love the color and artwork on this machine. I would gently clean, polish or wax to preserve the bright work to prevent any further degradation.

A heat gun on low, steady heat will offer some temporary pliable conditions to help manipulate the tires where you want them.

Back