When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My 1946 Continental...

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

HARPO

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
This hasn't seen the light of day in years. It's the one I bought back in 2018 and did a Post on it. Anyway, I figured it might be nice to take it for a quick spin. Still rides nice...but don't go to far on the saddle! 😬

First photo is as I bought it...

IMG_3550.JPG

IMG_1420.jpeg

IMG_1421.jpeg

IMG_1422.jpeg

IMG_1423.jpeg

IMG_1424.jpeg

IMG_1425.jpeg

IMG_1426.jpeg

IMG_1427.jpeg

IMG_1428.jpeg

IMG_1429.jpeg

IMG_1430.jpeg

IMG_1431.jpeg

IMG_1432.jpeg

IMG_1434.jpeg

IMG_1435.jpeg

IMG_1436.jpeg

IMG_1437.jpeg

IMG_1439.jpeg

IMG_1440.jpeg

-----

🤩

hast thee been able to make out any writing on the roundish transfer at the base of the down tube?

---

sprechening o' tings wheech ha' been a-snoozin'...

has thee yet touched the Alvah Roebuck Riva-Sport?

-----

-----

🤩

hast thee been able to make out any writing on the roundish transfer at the base of the down tube?

---

sprechening o' tings wheech ha' been a-snoozin'...

has thee yet touched the Alvah Roebuck Riva-Sport?

-----
Transfer is basically blank at this point.

Which other bike are you referring to?

You could just cut a piece of Shag carpet and wrap that seat with it for riding. Multi-color Blue and Light Gray would look awesome! 😜

I'll hold out until I can either find a decent correct saddle or a "non-shag" alternative, lol!

Keep an eye on the brazed joint where the seat stays join the seat tube. On some of these frames, the brazing there will start to crack and separate if a taller rider with a high seat post is riding the bike. I've seen about a half-dozen post-war Continental frames where that happened. I've seen it only once on a New World frame. I think, for whatever reason, the post-war Continental frames can be prone to that joint cracking with a taller or heavier rider on a high seat post. It not something that's unfixable, but you don't want a crack starting in and going unnoticed.

I'll hold out until I can either find a decent correct saddle or a "non-shag" alternative, lol!
I'm guessing somebody who works in upholstery could recover it, if there's anybody local. I like the dealer decal on that one!

Last edited:
I'm guessing somebody who works in upholstery could recover it, if there's anybody local. I like the dealer decal on that one!

-----

yes, t'is been a good fortnight or three since cycle purveyors included perambulators in their business names...

-----

Last edited:
Back