When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My 1949 Indian Vertical Scout

-

Bikermaniac

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Bought only frame and engine. I will make it a rider first and then dissasemble it and restore it in full.

IMG_7774.JPG

Somewhere there is a photo of my uncle's Indian vertical twin after he ran it into the side of a building and smashed the front-end, I will ask older family members if it is around. My father used to have one of these in the attic of his garage minus the engine, someone he knew cut the frame with a torch to get the engine out to use in a go-kart. This bike is one of the main reasons Indian went down the tubes, they tried to build this bike to compete with the British parallel twins, but it was even slower and less reliable than the British bikes so was a nail in their coffin. My old man was a Matchless/Indian dealer, I think he may have some new rocker-arm bushings for these in a drawer in his garage still, but I think all the other Indian parts went bye-bye years ago.

Back