When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

my 1950 Schwinn Traveler (?) project

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Did you intend on using the seat anyway? Looked a bit used. Those "mattress" seats did not age well. Not the most comfortable things even in the beginning
I think if I replace the underlying leather with a new piece I can shape it to fit and put the black cover back on. this seat is pretty unique, so I will do whatever I can to save it. if I replace it I would replace it with another just like it. I have a Brooks to use so I can ride it before the seat gets fixed/replaced.

picked up a parts bike today with much better bars and gooseneck. the rest will go on a bare frame I have.

1620505367113.png

here's some pics of the shiny bits and frame. the frame looked better just being away from the rusty chrome. did a few spots with WD40 and 0000 steel wool. I think that is how I will do the frame. fenders have lots of pits as expected, bars and stem will be replaced by better parts from the parts bike.

any parts in these pics not crusty have been rubbed on one way or another. I still have lots to do. WD 40 and steel wool, then mirror glaze is the plan.

I should start using my actual camera so I can control the focus.

I haven't given up on the cable wheel. I just haven't gone back and given it another try.

broke the wheels down today. I may end up using the hoops from the parts bike as these have lots of rust even after dipping a few of the worst spots..

just found this photo on the internet. color is "Violet", not maroon as I thought, or brown as the previous owner thought. at night time, without your glasses, mine will look just like this.

Back