When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

my 1950 Schwinn Traveler (?) project

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
after spending countless hours making the paint look like paint again I decided it was time to ride it.... well..... 75% of it. these are the coaster brake wheels from the parts bike and new tires and tubes. I am going to respoke the original wheels and I wanted to ride it TODAY. I am still working on the paint so this is as far as I care to assemble it right now...

wonder how many years it has been since a person rode this bike? :)
That's the part I like is when you rescue something and make it serviceable after many years is thinking about the person who first got the bike and you reliving that joy all these years later. V/r Shawn

Good job! Come a long way and it up and going! How do you like it? They are great riding bikes. Where is your badge?

I like these bikes, that's why I got this one, I have a 1960 Racer in the small frame, but with S-7 wheels. these parts wheels I put on roll and brake good but are not true. I didn't ride too far as the grips I put on the handle bars were loose. badge is in a baggie with the screws.

can't wait to get the 3 speed wheels going. I haven't had a 3 speed since I was 8 or so.

I was inches away from looking at a Racer as well as a COPPERTONE Colleigiate 5 speed locally but was able to control the urge.

I like these bikes, that's why I got this one, I have a 1960 Racer in the small frame, but with S-7 wheels. these parts wheels I put on roll and brake good but are not true. I didn't ride too far as the grips I put on the handle bars were loose. badge is in a baggie with the screws.

can't wait to get the 3 speed wheels going. I haven't had a 3 speed since I was 8 or so.

I was inches away from looking at a Racer as well as a COPPERTONE Colleigiate 5 speed locally but was able to control the urge.
The 3 speed if working correctly makes all the difference. They really move out. Stay strong. Can't stop at one. Or a few!

...and the sickness continues. picking this up for 40 bucks this afternoon. 1941.

putting the brakes and fenders together. original cable and housing up front, the rear housing is pretty beat, anyone have some 1950 Schwinn brake cable housing? brakes feel good I must have put them back together correctly. I have some NOS brake shoes for one set.

Last edited:
Back