When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My 1965 Black Stingray Deluxe tribute

-
I've always admired 60sstuff 's black 1965 Stingray, so I decided to make one several years ago when I came across an early 1965 Stingray project. It took until late last year to find all the correct parts for it. This was an original February 1965 Coppertone 2 speed kickback stingray that I painted Black. I found this years ago locally as a neglected BMX convert. The only clue to its former greatness being the correct front fork with the brake mount dated to match the frame, and the Coppertone paint still inside the bottom bracket. Pics below show the change from start to now. All parts are period parts, no reproduction parts. The deluxe seat was found locally on a Breeze on CL. The Black paint paint makes for a very cool looking Stingray. Not for Sale.

65 as bought around 2015
View attachment 1519485

Seat on the Breeze from the CL ad! Pumpkin light was mint and went on my Apple Krate
View attachment 1519491

View attachment 1519486

View attachment 1519487

View attachment 1519488

View attachment 1519489

View attachment 1519490

Nice job! Who did the screen on the chainguard?

I've always admired 60sstuff 's black 1965 Stingray, so I decided to make one several years ago when I came across an early 1965 Stingray project. It took until late last year to find all the correct parts for it. This was an original February 1965 Coppertone 2 speed kickback stingray that I painted Black. I found this years ago locally as a neglected BMX convert. The only clue to its former greatness being the correct front fork with the brake mount dated to match the frame, and the Coppertone paint still inside the bottom bracket. Pics below show the change from start to now. All parts are period parts, no reproduction parts. The deluxe seat was found locally on a Breeze on CL. The Black paint paint makes for a very cool looking Stingray. Not for Sale.

65 as bought around 2015
View attachment 1519485

Seat on the Breeze from the CL ad! Pumpkin light was mint and went on my Apple Krate
View attachment 1519491

View attachment 1519486

View attachment 1519487

View attachment 1519488

View attachment 1519489

View attachment 1519490

S3c 79 Bike is never ridden. It's not a valuable piece. Cheap seat and grips, no name pedals and a front caliper I had sitting around. I just like the look of it.
I did a 79 Deluxe a few years ago that i sold way to cheap and wish know i would have kept it. Black bike with a white glitter seat with red rims and white walls. Was a really cool looking bike.. RideOn.. Razin..

Back