When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My 1968...

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

LuckyKid

On Training Wheels
My original 1968 FB - my Christmas present back then. ED serial number. Had it serviced by Schwinn a few years ago but then hung it back up in the garage. Cleaned it up over the weekend...needs a little more work but it's not bad. The only things that are not original are the 3 cables (NOS replaced by Schwinn in 2011), the brake pads (NOS replaced by Schwinn in 2011) , and the tires/tubes (Reproductions I guess, but say "Schwinn" on them - 2011.) For whatever reason, the speedometer is a Murray which I recall my dad putting on the bike in about 1970. It shows about 1100 miles which could be right as I rode it a lot.
I also had a couple of the derailleur 'wheels' replaced by Schwinn, as they were pretty worn.

I need the correct round seat reflector. It would be great if someone could tell me the truly correct one...I don't think it was the 6-pie...but not sure. Obviously, it's got the metal tab on the seat.

I'd also like a 'daily rider' seat, just to keep this one in current condition (only a couple of chips in it, but definitely has lost most of it's flexibility.) But I want one that looks right. For less than $200.

Bike.jpg

Back