When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My 1976 Kool Lemon Sting-Ray

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Nothing too special but I like it, thought I'd share. This beat out a '71 Lemon Peeler coaster, an N4 Sting-Ray Deluxe and a Fastback coaster as my 20'' of choice. It just rides so nice and efficient and I love the patina and Kool Lemon!

It's been about a year ago I came across this Sting Ray on Craigslist up north past Fort Dodge. I've always really dug Kool Lemon and I had this partial 26'' Schwinn Fleet lying around from a buddy. We struck up a trade plus cash deal and I drove the hour and a half up to get it.

The nice thing about Iowa is you typically get to know the other guys around who are into Schwinns and you make a friend. Also, it seems folks who are into Schwinns are also into other cool, old stuff so it's usually pretty fun! This guy had a number of old bikes but also a very neat 1959 Chevrolet Apache truck.

What I liked about this bike is that it was straight from the get-go - no busted spokes, no bent fork, etc. That's pretty rare these days!

I keep making small changes and progress on it. Most recently I took an hour or two to scrape all the old Iowa dirt off the rear hub shell, haha! Maybe someday I'll find a cleaner seat without the victim outline of a manatee, haha!

IMG_6013.JPG

IMG_8096.JPG

IMG_8098.JPG

IMG_8099.JPG

IMG_8101.JPG

Thanks! Yeah, I've owned a few other 'rays and krates over the years but this one just checks all the boxes! She's a keeper!

Thanks! Yeah, I've owned a few other 'rays and krates over the years but this one just checks all the boxes! She's a keeper!

Well for me it's the one that got stolen off my porch when I was a kid , I've also had numerous apple crates, a pea picker and sold my Gray ghost recently, but that 74 I miss more .

The one thing I hate about the bike is that chainguard dip. Installed this clean FL guard today, haven’t found a nice stingray version...

I’ve also since sourced the correct rear reflector.

24B824CA-318C-46E2-91BB-5A6D3940C609.jpeg

Back