When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My 26” Schwinn bmx bike project

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Danny the schwinn freak

cruisin on my ratty Schwinn straightbar
Hey all. Here is the start of my next project. It’s going to be a 26” bmx inspired Schwinn. I’ve never really messed with the modern day bmx stuff, but it really interests me. I’m having V brake mounts put on the frame and forks and and going to run profile 3pc cranks, SE racing wheels and some other cool stuff. Should be a pretty cool bike for an old guy trying to be a kid again. Here’s the frame and fork I’m starting with. It’s an 82 Chicago frame and the forks are from an 82 women’s cruiser. I just found a guard from another Caber and it’s on the way. More pics to come as I progress. Any tips or hints would be appreciated. I’m kinda stuck on what tire to run. I want a tire that will go in the dirt and be fairly smooth on the street. I’m also looking for some ideas on a laid back seat post (since I’m 6’3”) and suggestions on a comfy saddle that will look correct for the style of bike I’m going for.

A1328DF4-DD9C-460F-8D14-22E6C6F0192D.jpeg

189D2217-B9DA-422D-9151-9359367DBBF7.jpeg

Yes that’s is true, but I’m 43 and plastic isn’t an option! Lol. I have to find one that looks the part, but won’t kill me.
I have comfort saddles on all my collectible Trek road bikes. No care what looks like, it's my A.. not yours. Albeit, I save the originals for photographs or, in case of resale to some hard-A.. [grin]

Last edited:
I have a few 26" BMX bikes that I ride regularly. A Brooks B-17 or Brooks Pro is my choice. They are very comfortable for long rides and look great .

Yep I say go with the Brooks leather. The B72 and the Brooks Pro are also good ones. I even have a lady Brooks Pro that fits the fat ass really good. Go for the pros with the big copper rivets and ya got some style too!
Btw; I’m 6’1 and 66 years old. At this point; we don’t have to grow up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a few 26" BMX bikes that I ride regularly. A Brooks B-17 or Brooks Pro is my choice. They are very comfortable for long rides and look great .
Anyone heard of the C-17 from brooks? I came across that in a search and love it’s look. I have never heard anything but rave reviews about brooks seats.

Yep I say go with the Brooks leather. The B72 and the Brooks Pro are also good ones. I even have a lady Brooks Pro that fits the fat ass really good. Go for the pros with the big copper rivets and ya got some style too!
Btw; I’m 6’1 and 66 years old. At this point; we don’t have to grow up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I saw the women’s versions and liked their looks because they look more like a beach cruiser seat. All of those brooks seat look very nice.

Back