When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My 38 Twin 40 made it today

-
20151211_112746_resized_1.jpg
20151211_112810_resized_1.jpg
20151211_112817_resized_1.jpg
20151211_112825_resized.jpg
20151211_112857_resized.jpg
20151211_112906_resized.jpg
20151211_112915_resized_1.jpg
20151211_112951_001_resized_1.jpg

Gorgeous, elegant bike....a keeper for sure.

Definitely!
These are really odd and interesting looking bikes for sure. The one thing I've noticed about them, is that because of their spartan design, they tend to disappear in a crowd.
If you look at a picture with a bunch of different bikes, the Twin Bars seem to vanish and are hard to spot.
My favorite of the line up was the Twin 20, kind of a less is more approach on that one, but they all have unique and interesting features.
There is a really good thread about these bikes in The Cabe archive, that you should check out if you haven't seen it.

I was asked about the padding on the rack. Not sure why it's there, I was thinking it was to stop a vibration from the fender or maybe to pad things that they carried on the rack???? I like it because it's OLD and hand stitched be the original owner. Who am I to take it off? I think it looks cool and adds character.

It's weird how you can sometimes miss out on an uncommon bike and the same bike pops up shortly thereafter in comparison to indefinite periods of looking for something in particular.
Same color too...sortof since yours is Murray made and the one I picked up this year is Westfield made and they did not use the same color codes.
The guard is not terribly hard to find, but has the specific twin bar downtube mount...that said, I think these models look great without a guard, just showing the solid chainring.
You've definitely had a good year and I tip my hat to you in doing it from a distance.
Chris

Thanks Chris, you are still the Elgin King and that collection ROCKS!

I have the guard and will put it on tomorrow.

Back