When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My '57 Columbia project...

-

mickeyc

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Trying to figure out what I need to get to finish it...not that I'm close to that yet. Bought yesterday. Torn down completely now.
Looking online, cannot find another example of a '57 Good Year Hi-Way Patrol springer (Columbia) with a chain guard marked "Deluxe Columbia". Also, would like to find what is correct rack and if it had a tank. Found the attached photos of supposed '57 Hi-Way Patrol bikes (neither of which have the chain guard that I have), but wondering if either has the correct rack or tank?
Any input greatly appreciated!

My project, as bought..
50s columbia on rat rod.jpg

One style tank and rack...
blue hiway patrol bike.jpg

Another style tank and rack...
red 57 hiway patrol with tank.jpg

Also need this shoulder bolt, washer and nut for the springer front end.

IMG_2740.JPG

Last edited:
IMG_2741.JPG

I am building a rat-rod out of a Columbia. It had a springer on it and the frame looks like yours. Make another stencil out of paper and mail it to me. I'll compare it to my tank, I'll bet this style tank will fit too.

That tank would fit but it's for an earlier model, '51, '52. (see photos). If a nice patina'd maroon one like that came along I would certainly grab it for the right price though.
I like the Evans-Colson fork look on yours. Think I commented on this in another thread as I had one of the original Evans bikes with that fork.
Thanks for the response..
'51 Hi-Way Patrol, note different rack and chain guard as well as tank.
al sabos 51 hiway patrol.jpg

good year bike.jpg

Back