When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My '58 JC Higgins

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Thanks John, anyway it looks like someone loves it again.
I'm happy to have saved it from going to the scrapyard. With all of the disposable bikes being built and marketed today, there's something really cool about riding a 52 year old bike that may possibly be ridden in another 52 years.
Weather permitting, me and my bride plan on going riding this Saturday. Ohio railtrails and canal towpaths are a good time. Looking forward to it.

Man, I took a short trip on the bike today, around 5 miles. Me and the sport middleweight are not paired up too well. One of us is just too small for the other.
toobigortoosmall-1.jpg

I think Saturday's ride with the bride will have to be on my Raleigh tourer.
My stepdad stands tall with his 5'4" frame, In 1958 he would have been a nine year old.
I think he will appreciate something from his Christmas of '58 wishlist as an in town get around.

Ahh well, a couple more weeks and I'll be riding a big boy bike.

Usually start with "MOD 502", essentially a code for a Murray bicycle built for Sears. The second number is usually a figure of 4 or 5 #, probably in the area 4000. This is the catalog number, and I managed to meet several bikes actual pages...

Back