When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My 62 Continental

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

mrg

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
When I started Jr. High everyone had a 10 speed, ( no more StingRays ) so for Christmas my parents bought a 62 Schwinn Continental ( my 3rd. used Schwinn ) from my sisters boyfriend ( now brother in law ) for $25-50 and that got me thru Jr. High. Sometime in the 90's he ask if I still had it and told him its hanging in moms garage and sold it back to him for the same. Its still hanging in his garage.

Last edited:
You never cease to amaze me. After all your Rays I never thought you'd be pedaling a 10 speed. :cool: What color?

Blue and as I said all of a sudden in 68 when I started Junior High everybody ( or maybe the cool kids ) had Schwinn 10 speeds so I was really happy to get my used Continental. North American Rockwell ( built Apollo & Space Shuttle ) employed thousands in Downey so there were alot of new Schwinn's from Russel's Schwinn shop!

Last edited:
Odd thing today, was going to my brother in laws to drop something off and on the freeway off ramp a guy was sitting with a sign and a bike and about when the light changed I noticed the bike appeared to be a blue Schwinn Continental and as I looked back I saw 2 shift levers on the lower bar & a chrome fork, didn't know if this was a coincidence as my old blue 62 Continental was I hoped still hanging in my brother in laws garage a few blocks away, it was ( see pic ) so went back to see if the guy would sell his and could not find him anywhere:(

Back