When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My 62 Continental

-

mrg

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
When I started Jr. High everyone had a 10 speed, ( no more StingRays ) so for Christmas my parents bought a 62 Schwinn Continental ( my 3rd. used Schwinn ) from my sisters boyfriend ( now brother in law ) for $25-50 and that got me thru Jr. High. Sometime in the 90's he ask if I still had it and told him its hanging in moms garage and sold it back to him for the same. Its still hanging in his garage.

Last edited:
You never cease to amaze me. After all your Rays I never thought you'd be pedaling a 10 speed. :cool: What color?

Blue and as I said all of a sudden in 68 when I started Junior High everybody ( or maybe the cool kids ) had Schwinn 10 speeds so I was really happy to get my used Continental. North American Rockwell ( built Apollo & Space Shuttle ) employed thousands in Downey so there were alot of new Schwinn's from Russel's Schwinn shop!

Last edited:
Odd thing today, was going to my brother in laws to drop something off and on the freeway off ramp a guy was sitting with a sign and a bike and about when the light changed I noticed the bike appeared to be a blue Schwinn Continental and as I looked back I saw 2 shift levers on the lower bar & a chrome fork, didn't know if this was a coincidence as my old blue 62 Continental was I hoped still hanging in my brother in laws garage a few blocks away, it was ( see pic ) so went back to see if the guy would sell his and could not find him anywhere:(

Back