When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My 68 Ramshorn basement rescue

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

indiana dave

Finally riding a big boys bike
Figured I'd post the finished (well mostly) basement rescue 68 Rams horn
finished rams horn.jpg
. Got this out of a friends parents basement along with a couple Lil Chicks, and an Excersizer. It had regular bars on it, and I bought them all thinking it was a regular Fastback. Week later I getting it on the work stand and notice the chain guard. Whoa! So I began searching for the correct bars... Found some pricey NOS ones, but wanted some to match the patina, as I wasn't planning on repainting anything. Finally scored these, with brake levers, stem and bar tape for less than most of the NOS ones I'd come across. Still cost as much as I'd paid for all three bikes. Took the whole bike apart and replaced all the bearings, polished up all the chrome, and cleaned the frame. Put it all back together with new Schwinn cables, brake pads, new chain, and repop tires. Still want to clean the wheels up a little more, get new cable frame clamps, and get repro decals for the shifter. Also am going to order a repop seat so I can ride it, and not worry about damaging the perfect original one. I know it's not perfect, but I was going for preservation, versus restoration. Plus, I'm on a dad of three girls budget. LOL
There was a Pea Picker in that basement, also, but her brother has dibs on it. Still working on trying to get my hands on it!

finished rams horn.jpg

Great find it ve got the correct seat for it if your looking for one love the blue Ramshorn

Great find! I'm still waiting for the day that I stumble into a basement and find a Rams Horn:rolleyes:

Looks great! I tried to rescue a fastback today out of a guys backyard. It had been sitting out there a while and he thought it was worth a fortune. Unfortunately most of it was rotted away. Sad thing is he kept 2 old huffy ten speeds in the garage and put all the Schwinn's outside so he could get a vehicle in there. I didn't buy the bike, he wanted way to much and it would have been too expensive to restore. Glad you found a nice bike. Thanks for sharing!

It's got the correct original seat in mint condition. I'm wantint a repop one to put on to ride it without risking cracking the original

Nice find. Just thinking maybe since it has the blue seat and had regular bars it may have been a regular fatback and at some point in its life the chain was changed to a rams horn one?

Back