When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My Bowden Project

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Here's the scoop so far:

I talked to Jerry Turner of Nostalgic Reflections (nostalgicreflections.com). He was involved in making the fiberglass molds and many (most?) of the special pieces that were used in the reproduction bikes. He made the fiberglass shells, badges, and the stainless steel trim that I have.

I bought this from the estate of Jim Tipke (tipkemfg.com), who passed away not too long ago. He was a professional fabricator and made the frame and fork himself for this, his personal bike that he was building to keep. This frame is not like those used in the reproduction bikes, it's entirely unique. And the fiberglass shells, which were provided by Jerry Turner are also not quite like the ones used for the reproduction bikes. They must be a test run, they are a bit on the crude side and will require quite a bit of fitting and re-work to make them fit and look good. I'm not complaining though, because I got this stuff for the right price and I'm having some fun with it!

Should I make this look as close as possible to an original, or customize? Not sure what I'd do different that'd look better than original, other than maybe a different color that wasn't offered?
Dave, in looking over the parts for the Bowden you have, I made the body parts and the rear drop out stays, but Jim bent the tubing and he welded it together. That has been a LONG time ago. I'm saying 1993.

Here are the Bowden Bike Badges that we made for the bike. We still have a few sets left.
Bowden Bike Badges & Box 3.20160414_133647.jpg

I still have the molds to make the bodies and fenders, but haven't priced the materials lately. I still make the Bike Badges, and the correct sprocket, and cover plate. I am making a serial plate for a customer back east, I have a few sets of the drop out plate set, that are all polished and chromed, and can make most anything, but I sold the tooling to make the stainless steel trim, and the wire bender for making the luggage racks.

I have one for sale
We got it! You don’t need to spam every Bowden post. V/r Shawn

Back