When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My collection ww1 WESTFIELD COLUMBIA military model

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Adrian,
Here is the article about the contract specifications for the original WWI US Army bicycle. I'm researching to see if I can find the original contract in US Army records.

Attachments

• nyp.33433069061806-57-1556121407.pdf
    793 KB · Views: 138
Here is the info on the Westfield Contract.

WESTFIELD GETS ARMY CONTRACT

Will Supply Uncle Sam with 10,000 Military Bicycles; Making Deliveries Now

WESTFIELD, Mass., Oct. 29.— The Westfield Manufacturing Co. has just been advised that it has been awarded the contract for the 10,000 military bicycles on which the government recently received bids, the action being taken through the Quartermaster's Depot at Chicago, where the bids were filed. The decision was naturally received with rejoicing at the Westfield plant, inasmuch as the contract referred to is the first to be awarded by Uncle Sam for army bicycles in quantity.

The Specifications Demanded Work on the army bicycles is already under way at the Westfield plant. All the extensive resources of the company have been thrown behind the production of the wheels, and the first deliveries are now being made. The entire contract is to be cleared up in ninety days.

The general specifications of the military bicycle as it is being turned out by the Westfield company are as follows: Twenty two inch double-bar frame of drawn seamless tubing; forged toe pieces; olive drab finish with black striping; twenty-six tooth front sprocket and ten tooth rear; seven inch cranks; Diamond No. 71 roller chain; steel rims; Standard No. 2 spokes ; front and rear mudguards with braces riveted to the guards; rubber splasher on front guard; box type extension handle bars with corrugated rubber grips; Vitalic single-tube tires ; Bridgeport telescope pump ; Troxel No. 1 Motobike saddle; Troxel tool bag with complete set of tools ; Standard No. 4 rat-trap pedals with toe clips ; rear luggage carrier with web straps and the Neverout oil lamp.

The Westfield company quoted a price of $28.65 per bicycle, with deliveries to start at 75 a day and increase to 150 to 200 a day. An extra charge of 40 cents was stipulated by the company for crating for foreign shipment

https://babel.hathitrust.org/cgi/pt?id=nyp.33433069061806;view=1up;seq=295

Attachments

• nyp.33433069061806-295-1556130247.pdf
    578.2 KB · Views: 170
Hello;
A managed to have a friend in France this beautiful headbadge with still his original painting.
20190602_210821.jpg

Regards;
Serge

Hello Chad;
You found him a place of honor my friend!
He will make envious!
He looks good your WW1 COLUMBIA military.
Cheers;
Serge

Hello;
This weekend, a WW1 GREAT-WESTERN model AMERICA military bike with its good original badge 😸
Found in the south west in France at a collector of old bikes, 3 years of waiting to acquire it 😺
I did not find a serial number under the bottom bracket, it is very crusty, a little disappointed...
The wheels, the crankset and the handlebar stem are not good.

With its New Departure rear hub model A original to the bike .

Regards;
Serge

Hello;
Found yesterday, at spare parts fair for old cars and motorcycles a WW1 TROXEL military model.

20230305_113500.jpg

20230305_113515.jpg

Acording to the Belgian seller, it was found in Belgium.
Note it strongly resembles of view of redone leather, the one i found in the north of france (post"7).

20180331_120125.jpg

20180331_120229.jpg

Regards;
Serge

Back