When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My custom bed bike build

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
This'appeard a fun feat of engineering to watch!
I'm already looking forward to the ride video Don!

I believe two wheels and a set brakes are definitely better than three! That's been my experience.

Here's HOW I KNOW!

As a brave (=stupid) 11 year old Stunt Boy I rolled a 3 wheeled 'Racing Bed' that I 'borrowed' from my neighbors front yard.( Raced by university medical students ironically. You'll see.)
It was a typical old hospital bed, tubular metal head board, foot board, side rails
Add 3 tall skinny 10 speed wheels and steering via using the bars to fork of said 10 speed up front.
Oh, and did I mention NO BRAKES! ZERO!

The machine looked like it could be so much fun to push around a bit, so off my pals and I rolled, each taking turns driving.

Jump ahead 15 minutes to the really fun part....

As dusk set in and curfew neared, I set off on one last ride..

...Whizzing right past my trusted spotters on their way towards the street below to fulfill their duties as safety men at the street end of the newly paved downhill
laneway, I sreamred fearlessly..something about Evel Kneivel....
(It was 1976 after all)

So, I figured I would simply have to do a fishtail when I got to the road at the end of lane to slow her down and cruise to rest on the gentle upward slope of the rapidly approaching street.(a wise last second solution you'd think, right?)
The plan did not come off quite as I had envisioned.

My vision in reality included Alot of Sparks and Upside Down Stuff as the bed tumbled over and over with 'The Pilot' aboard for the whole experience.

After I came to from my short nap on the street and somehow got home for some First Aid and then Mom arrived from work shortly after and took me right back to the hospital where she had just finished a long shift herself.(is that more irony or what?)

The Silver Lining of this true tale is that all the girls at school wanted to sign and draw on my casts! AND...
The super cute, guilt ridden, bikini clad nursing student next door let me hang out poolside with her for the rest of summer!!!!

* Okay, I'll just be quiet now and pay full attention and envy ingenuity and craftsmanship.

This'appeard a fun feat of engineering to watch!
I'm already looking forward to the ride video Don!

I believe two wheels and a set brakes are definitely better than three! That's been my experience.

Here's HOW I KNOW!

As a brave (=stupid) 11 year old Stunt Boy I rolled a 3 wheeled 'Racing Bed' that I 'borrowed' from my neighbors front yard.( Raced by university medical students ironically. You'll see.)
It was a typical old hospital bed, tubular metal head board, foot board, side rails
Add 3 tall skinny 10 speed wheels and steering via using the bars to fork of said 10 speed up front.
Oh, and did I mention NO BRAKES! ZERO!

The machine looked like it could be so much fun to push around a bit, so off my pals and I rolled, each taking turns driving.

Jump ahead 15 minutes to the really fun part....

As dusk set in and curfew neared, I set off on one last ride..

...Whizzing right past my trusted spotters on their way towards the street below to fulfill their duties as safety men at the street end of the newly paved downhill
laneway, I sreamred fearlessly..something about Evel Kneivel....
(It was 1976 after all)

So, I figured I would simply have to do a fishtail when I got to the road at the end of lane to slow her down and cruise to rest on the gentle upward slope of the rapidly approaching street.(a wise last second solution you'd think, right?)
The plan did not come off quite as I had envisioned.

My vision in reality included Alot of Sparks and Upside Down Stuff as the bed tumbled over and over with 'The Pilot' aboard for the whole experience.

After I came to from my short nap on the street and somehow got home for some First Aid and then Mom arrived from work shortly after and took me right back to the hospital where she had just finished a long shift herself.(is that more irony or what?)

The Silver Lining of this true tale is that all the girls at school wanted to sign and draw on my casts! AND...
The super cute, guilt ridden, bikini clad nursing student next door let me hang out poolside with her for the rest of summer!!!!

* Okay, I'll just be quiet now and pay full attention and envy ingenuity and craftsmanship.

I wonder how the nursing student would look now in a bikini? Ha!! Probably as good as me in a speedo! Great story, thanks for sharing!

Great nite at work! Very productive! Ha! I like how it looks if only i could weld better!

0578FE50-5CD0-4175-BADF-0D1EB84262D7.jpeg

Back