When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My custom bed bike build

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
View attachment 1069868View attachment 1069869

View attachment 1069870
…………………….Doood … I digz your build but are
......…...………….you gonna be able to pedal it ?
Thanks Patrick! That Bottom bracket will have a planetary sprocket in it running on the chain. I plan to weld another BB in the right place. I was going to cut the lower BB out but thought of structural integrity so I left it. Figured it would be best to leave and glamorize it!

Thanks Patrick! That Bottom bracket will have a planetary sprocket in it running on the chain. I plan to weld another BB in the right place. I was going to cut the lower BB out but thought of structural integrity so I left it. Figured it would be best to leave and glamorize it!
R u going skiptooth? Seems like a lot of chain. I love this idea. Btw we are all anxiously watching this build for updates. Looks like it's going to ride like it's on rails. Ok that's one. Everyone gets one bad joke per thread.

Yep, skiptooth! I have a lot of extra chains! As it turns out, my Engineering department provided me with a detailed drawing for the seat post and Bottom bracket location! Goals for this evening!

sch.jpg

So the old factory was having a bad night and all the regular pieces of equipment were acting up! I was barely able to do any work on the bed bike. However, I did manage to hang the BB! Inspection bought it off for being correctly placed.

945208C8-33E4-43EF-8089-C86064DD4A60.jpeg

9299D195-C027-43B9-A0D9-65EE4DDFB006.jpeg

Tonite I had some time to work and think about the bed bike build! I cut a hole for the top headtube and thought, what the hell am I doing? I mean, this is kind of a crazy build! Nonetheless, I paid no attention to common sense! Heres the hole for the top headset and it I laid it out to get a feel for the general design. Im thinking to use the curved bars of the Huffman as vertical supports to match the curve in the frame. Im also thinking a planetary type sprocket in the back bottom bracket frame half rolling on the chain.

View attachment 1068984

View attachment 1068985

View attachment 1068986
So far ,So good. Good luck. Razin.

Hell, wait til i jump it! Lol!

Hey Don! I think you have enough extra Bed Rails (tubing) to make some COOL wheelie-bars !! Come on Don .... Do It !!

And just an observation (suggestion) the TORQUE that will exist in the BB shell you have mounted using 2 frame tubes MIGHT need more (extra) stiffening tubing rails (4 total) ...... OR a "plate gusset" BMX-style around the BB shell ..... I just know the massive muscles in your legs COULD possibly twist that BB where it is located without more stiffening/support .... the Torque you generate will be STRONG ..... just my 3 cents worth;)

CHEERS !! CCR Dave

Back