When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My dad died and left me this fully restored 1950 Monark Super Deluxe with Records

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Price
3600 OBO
Zipcode
$2k was the Cali, I just did a bong hit, price. Chris’ valuation is much more in line with what this would actually bring to a collector. Once you start putting cheap seats and varying from factory the price starts falling fast.

Interesting comment! Most thought the same of this pricing of yours above. As opposed to Cali bong hits, I guess yours would be I drank one too many fifth’s of Tennessee Whiskey. Why you guys feel the need to rip someone’s post to shreds is just rude, unnecessary, and unwanted!

So is using the site ONLY to avoid the real hassles of selling a bike. Just want everyone to play by the same rules member or not.
It’s meant to buy and sell bicycles and parts. Not launch personal attacks on people you don’t know. Did you call Josh? Determine he’s not a legit seller? So what if accepted a local sale. How is that your business? His dad died. He’s selling a bike and you refer to him as a fart. WTF! Take it to the lounge if you got gripes about items or people. Not their for sale ads.

Honestly, I don't have a problem with this. He was honest and stated he had a short amount of time to sell it. He's not a collector and has his father's death to mourn over as well as more of his items to move. He did what he came to do( get rid of the bike) and now he's gone. He has better things to deal with than a hobby he has no interest in and those here giving him a hard time during a difficult time in his life. At least he gave us the opportunity to purchase it instead of listing on eBay or another auction platform.

"I'm hoping to sell it because I am just back for a week or so taking care of his estate before I fly back home and I don't have space for it as I'm taking other sentimental things with me and the cost is already high. (Out of U.S.)"

Saw the withdrawl, but thought maybe it was because they were wanting to re-think the facts a bit.
He has it marked as sold in DOND and not one bid showing.
In the duplicate for sale thread, in the DoND forum, I had (politely, I thought?) requested that the new seller follow the rules for DoND; (at least the rule prohibiting duplicate for sales threads on this site).
And then the seller complied, (with that part).

If the seller was not a new member or did not correct the infraction in a timely manner, then I might have simply reported the thread to the moderators, to take appropriate action (e.g., a stern warning about what might happen next time that his father dies and leaves a bike?).

In afterthought, likely the seller just marked the wrong thread as “sold” and the wrong thread as “withdrawn” — perhaps minor stuff.

Last edited:
$2k was the Cali, I just did a bong hit, price. Chris’ valuation is much more in line with what this would actually bring to a collector. Once you start putting cheap seats and varying from factory the price starts falling fast.

There are reasons California gets prices other states can't. Our economy is better and our attitudes! Probably because we ride what we buy. It's not an end table in our room, it sees the California sunshine, and rain. We ride our bikes. Just because you see a lower number on it doesn't mean the guy who paid whatever he paid (which nobody will ever know except the seller and buyer) isn't happy with the deal. I see tons of stuff on here overpriced that doesn't sell at all. Do I care, no? Scroll on. You don't NEED to type on everyone's post Shawn. We will all be fine without reading your comments. Actually most will probably be healthier without your constant negative on everything you type. Go back and read your stuff when you have a good day, maybe you never do by what I see here.

Honestly, I don't have a problem with this. He was honest and stated he had a short amount of time to sell it. He's not a collector and has his father's death to mourn over as well as more of his items to move. He did what he came to do( get rid of the bike) and now he's gone. He has better things to deal with than a hobby he has no interest in and those here giving him a hard time during a difficult time in his life. At least he gave us the opportunity to purchase it instead of listing on eBay or another auction platform.

"I'm hoping to sell it because I am just back for a week or so taking care of his estate before I fly back home and I don't have space for it as I'm taking other sentimental things with me and the cost is already high. (Out of U.S.)"
Hey Mike,

Thanks for the nice words... and wow! I just woke up and read the comments. I marked it sold so nobody would waste their time as I sold it elsewhere. And yes, you're absolutely right. I am here for a week and it's not of interest to me. My interests are in his antique hot rods. I was referred here by another bike forum. Eventually, one of my dad's friends ended up requesting to buy it to keep as a memory of him. He happens to be a massive antique collector and just sees it as a really pretty bike. I don't think there's a thing wrong in the world with that. And for those who don't know the ins and outs of my personal business or my father's estate, it seems unfair to rip me when I'm just trying to get as much closure as I can with the two weeks I was able to take off of work to come here and deal with things after the funeral. Grieving and trying to get the few things I'm not taking with me to good homes isn't easy, you know?

People need to be nicer, especially when they don't know the circumstances of an individual in any way. Anyhow, thanks again for the words, means a lot.

It’s meant to buy and sell bicycles and parts. Not launch personal attacks on people you don’t know. Did you call Josh? Determine he’s not a legit seller? So what if accepted a local sale. How is that your business? His dad died. He’s selling a bike and you refer to him as a fart. WTF! Take it to the lounge if you got gripes about items or people. Not their for sale ads.
Thanks so much. Very nice of you. I'm actually 36, I guess my dead dad is the fart here. Some people.... smh. Oh well. I hope people will be able to collect themselves and have a nice day outside instead of being so mean.

Hey Mike,

Thanks for the nice words... and wow! I just woke up and read the comments. I marked it sold so nobody would waste their time as I sold it elsewhere. And yes, you're absolutely right. I am here for a week and it's not of interest to me. My interests are in his antique hot rods. I was referred here by another bike forum. Eventually, one of my dad's friends ended up requesting to buy it to keep as a memory of him. He happens to be a massive antique collector and just sees it as a really pretty bike. I don't think there's a thing wrong in the world with that. And for those who don't know the ins and outs of my personal business or my father's estate, it seems unfair to rip me when I'm just trying to get as much closure as I can with the two weeks I was able to take off of work to come here and deal with things after the funeral. Grieving and trying to get the few things I'm not taking with me to good homes isn't easy, you know?

People need to be nicer, especially when they don't know the circumstances of an individual in any way. Anyhow, thanks again for the words, means a lot.
Well said, and again, sorry for your loss....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back