When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My electric bikes

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
-

mike j

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Just wanted to share images of some of my e bikes. On a recent post, a member said " and don't get me started on electric bikes and other such lazy endeavorers regarding cycling''. I'll start; Does that include all motorcycles?. Did people start bicycling because they were too lazy to walk? Too lazy to drive, just fly? All of these conveyances have one thing in common, they get you somewhere, further and faster. E bikes extend your range, these old bike frames are perfect for conversions. IMHO the E bikes on the market, for the most part are under powered & over priced. Also, with the motors & batteries integrated into the frames, on a majority of them, as the technology advances, which it is, these bikes could be obsolete in a few years. An advantage to retrofitting a vintage bike is that all the motors and batteries can be swapped out easily on the kits available.These old frames were meant for motors. I live on the side of a mountain on the north fork of the Appalachian mountains. The road up to our house was once a ski slope. Now I can get up the hill and go for miles through terrain that I never even dreamed of going through. I get the most enjoyment out of this hobby by turning a decrepit piece of junk into something useful and beautiful, at least in my eyes. Some people prefer to do nothing at all to their bikes. Others like to do by the book period restorations, some will preserve whatever is original or have an original paint bike that is five different colors. It's all good, different spokes for different folks. To anyone whose sense of purism I may have offended, I say, that's your problem, get over yourself. Everyone else, thanks for looking.

fullsizeoutput_b8a.jpeg

30707770_150854722416214_982325910415867904_o.jpg

fullsizeoutput_9a1.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_34c.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_b49.jpeg

It's all good, different spokes for different folks.

Nice quote. :)

It’s great that your bikes look really cool and are fun to ride too. Nice work and beautiful integration!

Last edited:
Back