When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My First BIANCHI...

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Overall so far as the first coat of paint is drying...and I just ordered Cinelli Celeste handlebar tape from ebay. :)

Last edited:
Second coat applied. I'll give it a few days to cure, then I'll do a wet sanding for a bit of a blend and to smooth it out. Then a detail overall. New Celeste tape is on its way!

How did it turn out?

I've given some areas a couple of coats and I'm waiting till they dry completely through. In order to make the paint flow as smooth as possible, I needed to add some thinner to the paint. This, of course, adds to the drying time. So, another day or two, and I'll do the compounding work on it.

The bike will now be able to be ridden without all the rust showing. I knew going in that it wouldn't be a perfect job, but anything would be better than it was. I'm not a complete idiot (I'm missing parts :tonguewink:), but I like it! Other than a complete repaint, this is fine. Thanks again @petritl Tad for the opportunity to get this far!! :)

I'll post photos when it's done...

@petritl Lets face it. Nothing is better than a complete respray. But considering what I started with, this is night and day...especially at 6-10 feet. (Check out the BEFORE shots when I first bought it). And I still need to do more spots as I actually removed some of the touch-up..!@#$%^&*
If I decide one day to purchase the correct Airbrush for this type of paint, you've given me enough for a complete bike! A different Bianchi, but a complete bike.

Close up you see the brush strokes and the color being off, but hey, I'm riding the bike and now don't feel like I found it in a ditch. I'm happy!! And although I did buy new Celeste tape, I'm leaving the white on. It just looks so much better with the saddle. Bike rides great and I feel great riding it.

But...I might go back and do yet another coat on some larger areas. :cool:

Last edited:
@petritl Lets face it. Nothing is better than a complete respray. But considering what I started with, this is night and day...especially at 6-10 feet. (Check out the BEFORE shots when I first bought it). And I still need to do more spots as I actually removed some of the touch-up..!@#$%^&*
If I decide one day to purchase the correct Airbrush for this type of paint, you've given me enough for a complete bike! A different Bianchi, but a complete bike.

Close up you see the brush strokes and the color being off, but hey, I'm riding the bike and now don't feel like I found it in a ditch. I'm happy!! And although I did buy new Celeste tape, I'm leaving the white on. It just looks so much better with the saddle. Bike rides great and I feel great riding it.

But...I might go back and do yet another coat on some larger areas. :cool:

View attachment 1178701

View attachment 1178702

View attachment 1178704

View attachment 1178705

View attachment 1178715

View attachment 1178718

View attachment 1178719
The bike looks a lot better

Back