When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My First BIANCHI...

-

HARPO

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Attached are two photos from the ebay listing of the bike I just bought. I hope to pick it up on Sunday, but the seller needs to get back to me about that.
Yes...it needs quite a bit of work, but it's a Celeste Bianchi...:cool: which I've wanted for years now! Rarely seen in my size, this will be quite another project (while I'm still working on my 1952 Rudge), but I have so many new parts I can put on it I can hardly wait.
s-l1600-7.jpg
s-l1600.jpg

Can anyone out there possibly identify the model and year? Closest I've come is a 1985 Alloro. Hopefully a Bianchi expert will tell me.:)

BTW...on one of the photos that were listed, you can see a MADE IN ITALY decal at the bottom of the seat tube. Nothing wrong with one made in Japan, but I really wanted an Italian made bike.:D

Maybe it is just the photos be it looks to me that the bike has had a hard front end collision. Roger

Maybe it is just the photos be it looks to me that the bike has had a hard front end collision. Roger

I'm hoping the front end is fine. I followed the line down from the head tube and it looks OK. Maybe the lighting? To me, a hard collision would be obvious with the fork back and very noticeable.

Check the top lug on top of top tube. If it is separated or paint is cracked at connection there was a crash. I do not think it has been crashed but that will tell you. Bianchis geometry are that way and can look odd in pictures. The forks are one of the keys to that Bianchi zip nimbility when ridden.

Check the top lug on top of top tube. If it is separated or paint is cracked at connection there was a crash. I do not think it has been crashed but that will tell you. Bianchis geometry are that way and can look odd in pictures. The forks are one of the keys to that Bianchi zip nimbility when ridden.

Thanks mongeese. Once I get to see it in person, I'll of course give it a very close look. I don't think its been crashed either. Seller has 100% feedback so I hope this counts for something. He's already asked about other bikes he has that I might be interested in, but nothing he has I'd want.

Back