When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My First BIANCHI...

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
-----

Bicycle from the Piaggio period.

Several years earlier than 1985.

Originally there would have been a model name transfer on the top tube.

WRT - appearance of sloping top tube. stern tyre completely flat while front has enough air to give it shape.

Might be a model 980 circa 1982.

Appears front mech may be the seldom seen Nuovo Valentino model. Does cage have winged wheel logo rather than "burst?"

Brakeset appears Weinmann 605.

-----

Last edited:
I think it's just the taller frame (and yes, probably parallax error), here's my Moser that size, another steep,aggressive short wheelbase 64cm frame
(long focal length, not much parallax)
Dxfaw1h.jpg

Picked the bike up. It's a bit worse for wear than I had thought (mismatched wheels, also) and the seller knew I wasn't happy. He was willing to take it back, or give me $20 off the price. I picked the latter. For $69 I'm safe no matter what I do to it. Still, a lot of work, but I love doing this sort of thing.

IMG_3092.JPG
IMG_3093.JPG
IMG_3097.JPG
IMG_3098.JPG
IMG_3099.JPG

Does 1983 sound correct? Still a nice bicycle that would make a nice frame to put a modern drivetrain on; Campagnolo 9 spd drivetrains in good condition come up for sale at great values because it is too old to be cool and to new to be vintage cool.

The corrosion can be taken care with dabbing some Blue Magic branded metal polish on the spots and letting it sit for a few hours, it will turn those spots into natural metal.

Here is the wear from a crash or heavy use from a serious rider or heavy weight rider. Not too concerning yet many variables still arrise.
B47F04CE-159B-4800-80C3-BD80BC8CEB56.jpeg

Back