When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My First BIANCHI...

-
@juvela lol...make any color or aesthetic suggestions you wish! Clients used to do it...:eek:

As far as "The Wilderness Lodge" goes, it will remain in the position it's in or until it becomes firewood.
The book says to make sure to apply some type of sealer to it at the end of each summer to help preserve the cedar for a longer life. No big deal, as I have a spray container that I use on my fence. I'll make sure I get "clear" because I love the color the company stained it.

-----

Tad -

You have probably done a whole lot more touchup than I so here is a tip with lots of humility behind it:

try first sanding the spot with wet-or-dry wet sandpaper of 1000 grit. i like to use a length of inner tube stretched over one of the wooden paddle type paint stirrers given away free at paint stores as a sanding pad. this will get rid of any "edges" of scratch an permit the touchup to feather in somewhat better.

looks like you are well on your way there. :smiley:

is the Umberto Dei now completed in its final configuration or do you envision any further tweaks?

-----

------

Small drop of history/background information -

Piaggio purchased the cycle division of Bianchi in 1979. The first Piaggio transferred Bianchi bicycles were the 1980 model year.

Your machine, model 980 seems to have been only offered ca. 1982.

For the 1983 model year it evolved to something termed the Nuovo Racing model. These are identical to your machine save that the gear ensemble is Campag Nuovo Record.

Here is a photo of a 1983 Nuovo Racing model -

bianchi_nuovo_racing_d857363779f80a103461d9aa82205da0d671afef.jpg

Note how good your intuition - right down to the white saddle! ;)

-----

@juvela Thanks Roger for the photo and info. I now for sure know it's a 1982...and yes, I guess I did well with the white as far as a "factory made look". Old Art Director intuitions are still functioning, lol!

@petritl ...Please let me know, Tad, if you decide at some point to be a "retailer" with a touch-up bottle of your magic elixar of Celeste paint. I'd gladly purchase a bottle.

fred

------

Buongiorno Don Federico!

Good to see you posting again.

Hope your absence was due to travel or activity. ;)

-----

------

Buongiorno Don Federico!

Good to see you posting again.

Hope your absence was due to travel or activity. ;)

-----

Oh, I've been here on The Cabe @juvela . Check out the 1967 Schwinn Starlet I just finished...and previously the 1988 Schwinn Premis...:)

Last edited:
I need to find a small can or bottle; I’ll give you the paint if you pickup the shipping

@petritl Tad, I'll be happy to pay you for some PLUS shipping, of course! Thank you much! Just let me know and I'll Paypal you. PM me when you know...

fred

Back