When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My first bike, a roadmaster

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

davidhybrid

On Training Wheels
I bought my first antique bicycle this weekend. An old Roadmaster. I got on and rode around and loved it. Paid $225 for it. I am excited to work on it and make it mine.

Can you guys tell me something about it and where to start I believe the serial is J30391 AC?

Thanks again for all in advance.

Dave

20180212_153324.jpg

20180212_153533.jpg

that's a great first bike dave,what bob said grease it and clean it and ride it !!

I'm thinking about a '50 Roadmaster Luxury Liner. The bike looks to be complete and correct except for the grips and missing headlight. The bike has been painted over. You could enjoy with a good service as the others have suggested. Personally I would do a budget refurbish by stripping it and repainting with aerosol cans. While you have everything apart you can detail/service the other parts. You can usually find a reproduction headlight for these for about $100 and then you have a decent looking Luxury Liner. The Shockmaster fork is arguably the best spring fork out there and make these really nice riding bikes. V/r Shawn

I bought my first antique bicycle this weekend. An old Roadmaster. I got on and rode around and loved it. Paid $225 for it. I am excited to work on it and make it mine.

Can you guys tell me something about it and where to start I believe the serial is J30391 AC?

Thanks again for all in advance.

Dave

View attachment 753434

View attachment 753435
I agree with the others, you have a nice luxury liner there from the looks if it. It's a great first bike and a good price too. Have fun.

My first bike back in the 80's was also an early 50's Roadmaster Luxury Liner. An iconic 2 wheeled land yacht that begs for flats and down hills and will ruin your knees going up hill. Welcome to the CABE, the hobby and good luck with your project. Here is mine after my first restoration.

roadmaster%20luxury%20liner.jpg

Thanks for all that have replied... SLOWLY, i started to look at it and take it apart...It will take me some time with my schedule... The horn seemed intact and functional. Is there a way to really pin point the year of production with the SN?

Last edited:
Back