When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My first bike but no pic of it.

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Savinsam

Look Ma, No Hands!
I'm new to this forum & just lately got an old bike to restore. Thus memories of my first and only bike came to mind. I grew up on a farm in the 50's and had no bike. But the township just black topped the main road. My two neighbor guys, my own age had old junker bikes and were enjoying the new road. I was about 14 at the time. I asked my Dad for a bike. He said, "No, we have lots of ponies. You don't need a bike". So after awhile of bugging him about it, I gave up on ever having a bike of my own. One day he pulled into our driveway with a nice used bike for me that a farmer friend pulled out of a shed. I was ready for anything! It was hand painted an ugly green all over, balloon tired, and very heavy. I could enjoy riding down the hills, but pushing back up was a chore. It was a neat bike with a fake gas tank & little hinged door on top to put tools, cookies or whatever into. I also vividly remember the badge on front that said 'Hendee Indian Bicycle Co. This meant nothing to me. So, two years later I had a driver's license and the old bike hit the farmyard scrap heap. Never saw it again. Just lately I did some research and discovered that I had a 1937 German made bike made for Hendee Indian Co.! Searching the web, I found a pic of one like I had. THE ONE THAT GOT AWAY! I've attached a pic of one obtained from the web. If I would have only known!

indian gas tank.jpg

Back