When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My First Bike

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

dweenk

Finally riding a big boys bike
Mine was my sister's bike. She was 8 years older than me and the bike had been stored in the feed room of the chicken house for a long time. It was blue (girls bikes were always blue back then). I couldn't have that; so I found a can of white paint for the frame, and a can of silver paint for the fenders, handle bar, and rims. I taught myself how to replace tires and tubes (bought from Western Auto with grass cutting money). I used screwdrivers as tire jacks.A local gas station had an air compressor to pump the tires.

I rode the hell out of that bike. The tubes had more patches than tube. I carried kids on the back rack, kids sitting on the handle bars, and sometimes on both.

When I was about 14 I stopped riding it and started dreaming about cars. I was about 20 years old before I bought my next bike, a used Sears Austrian built 3 speed (it was black and perfect).

Back