When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My First Bike

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
S

sean516

Hey Guys

I just bought this bike today, and it's going to be my first project. I believe it's a Huffman AirFlyte....I don't know too much about restoring, but I'm looking forward to it. Where can I find the serial number?

IMG_2572-1.jpg

IMG_2577-1.jpg

IMG_2578-1.jpg

IMG_2584-1.jpg

Thanks so much

Sean

EDIT: Sorry but I don't know how to make the pictures smaller!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi very nice bike! I wouldn't do much to this one it is already pretty nice! they are only original once! I would find the correct seat and get a proper headlight and perhaps some better grips though don't throw those away they look like the jewel ended coke bottles, you will probably find someone who wants them. are you female? obviously the bike is a girls model so the frame will be small compared to a boys bike. if so you're in great shape if not consider transferring your parts onto a boys frame. the frame on your bike appears to be bent where the top tube meets the seat tube. probably some little brother somewhere sometime took it off a jump. I have several frames if you need one though it might not be the exact same year. the serial on your bike is on the bottom under the crank. the bike is from around the late 1930's probably 1939-1940. 1938 has flat fender straps and in 1940 that tank was used only on the Special and Special Deluxe lines. in 1941 the tank was changed on all models I think. you can compare your serial with the Huffman serial project thread in the "Bicycle Restoration Tips" forum. please post your serial and I can add it to the list.
Scott:cool:

Nice. :)
Like 37fleetwood said. Start with a good clean up and go from there.
My Shelby's paint is in a little worse shape but after some cleaning (still more is needed) I'm pretty happy with it as is. And glad I'm going that route first.
You can always go full resto. But again, only original once.

Most of all have fun with it and enjoy riding it. :)

Back