When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My First Free Bike

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Centurion

Look Ma, No Hands!
Driving home I spotted this at the curb, owner said she was just clearing some stuff out. Couple hrs. of cleaning surface rust, and truing the front wheel and this turns out to be a very nice cruiser. I could not believe how good the paint was, almost unused. I know these Huffy's are low end Chinese bikes, but this variant seems pretty good, the welds are nice, paint is very vibrant, and it is very smooth. I removed the cream fenders, I like the look better. I think from the S/N it's a 2010 model, not sure what the frame is made of? I like it. Now I need to find a 57 Schwinn in this condition at the curb:)

BEACH.jpg

@Centurion those wheels are decent to build on & usually the frames are steel but some are aluminum. I use the cranbrook wheels for my cheap vintage projects & those bikes tend to run $25-150+ now days via FB market & CL.

@Centurion those wheels are decent to build on & usually the frames are steel but some are aluminum. I use the cranbrook wheels for my cheap vintage projects & those bikes tend to run $25-150+ now days via FB market & CL.
I checked the frame an fork with a magnet and it is steel, I removed the stickers and chainguard and added some Wald bars and some Wally pedals and grips. After I re-greased all the bearings it rides really nice.

CRAN2.jpg

I checked the frame an fork with a magnet and it is steel, I removed the stickers and chainguard and added some Wald bars and some Wally pedals and grips. After I re-greased all the bearings it rides really nice.

View attachment 1284573
For a freebie & a decent riding bike with some cheap parts they do ride fairly decent. Bought this huffy cranbrook 24"
20201015_174429.jpg

for $40 to snag the wheels off it & give my gf a cheap bike to tinker with/customize.
$25 for this
6402401_3550.jpg

24" Magna Oasis which turned out to be aluminum along with a 20" next wipe out bmx. I stripped the white bike, polishing the frame, getting some color shift paint, some wald mini apes, snafu wally world lock on grips, & it's my 24" ballooner bmx to toy with as I please. I am sure I could sell it easily for $75+ as it rides nice. Pics of progress later. Sorry for the book.lol

There are some deals out there, I seen a 1954 Schwinn girls 3 speed today on CL for $20, it has original paint still in tact with all the original parts except for the seat. I missed an early 60's Typhoon the other day for $25. My next project may be an early frame with modern running gear for riding.

There are some deals out there, I seen a 1954 Schwinn girls 3 speed today on CL for $20, it has original paint still in tact with all the original parts except for the seat. I missed an early 60's Typhoon the other day for $25. My next project may be an early frame with modern running gear for riding.
I have missed some deals myself man. It sucks but I feel you on the modern day running gear builds. Cheap easy way to make a nice modern rider from an otherwise vintage incomplete or not correct frame etc. I have a 24" Columbia frame with the built in kickstand I intend to do that with. I want at least 7 speeds & make it a lighter weight stripped down bar hopper styled ride. It's a $20 bare frame no cups etc so

Back