When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My First Late '50s HORNET...

-
BTW...if you look at the early pics I posted, the bike is wearing two different pedals. Can anyone let me know which is the correct one?...

Pretty much done, at least as far as I feel I can get with it. A lot different than when I got it, and I git the rear hub to work perfectly. Must have sat stagnant for a long time, but it's perfect now, so the bike gets to retain its original wheels.

IMG_4845.jpg

IMG_4846.jpg

IMG_4847.jpg

IMG_4848.jpg

IMG_4849.jpg

IMG_4850.jpg

IMG_4853.jpg

IMG_4854.jpg

That came out nice. I have a green 59 Tiger that has the same seat on it. It's not comfortable, but it looks original to my bike.
I don't have the German rear hub on mine either. Mine is a Bendix with a plain chrome shell, no oiler or bands on it.
It may be that your's being a higher end bike they used a different hub?. I've owned mine for several years. It's a good rider.
I had to have it because it's the same year as me....

That came out nice. I have a green 59 Tiger that has the same seat on it. It's not comfortable, but it looks original to my bike.
I don't have the German rear hub on mine either. Mine is a Bendix with a plain chrome shell, no oiler or bands on it.
It may be that your's being a higher end bike they used a different hub?. I've owned mine for several years. It's a good rider.
I had to have it because it's the same year as me....

Thank you. I also had a few '52 bikes over the years I had to have...because they were the same year as me, lol!

Back