When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My first major return from grave

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Did get this bike magnet fishing?
It's going take some work, but we know you'll do a great restoration.

The bike, thank god, not you!

1581238488271.png

No luck on rear rim so far will keep hunting I’m ready ready to touch up primer on tank. Did some miner dent repair . If everything goes well the old Hawthorne will have a fresh glossy red coat on it then later this week I’ll spray white accents on. I’ll update later once red . Use hi solids ployurathane safety red as one of my finish coats

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow this is going to be one heck of a before and after. I'm surprised there isn't more rot on the tank. Seems you kinda lucked out there. If you repair the chain with a few extra skiptooth links and skiptooth master links you may find that it just needs replaced. You'll know right away once you ride it if it is stretched or if it just snaps on the first hill you climb. Even if it does it's nice to have extra lengths of chain and master links for future projects or issues. I'm sure you'll find a 26 inch rim laying around somewhere. Make sure the number of spoke holes match up with the hub. Another easier option is to find a modern coaster brake rear wheel and put an ichibike rear cog on it. These pop on with little effort but need to be filed down a bit on the teeth so that they don't chew up a skiptooth chain. This bike deserves a nice rack in my opinion - looks like the end of that one got broken off. Good luck and have fun. Happy hunting!

Well as far as the tank I rebuilt one side cuz it had dime size holes all over as far the other side I tried it hammer out a few dents didn’t see any hole in it so I primed and noticed a few pin holes and a pretty noticeable dent so I fast cure epoxied the inside and hammered in the dent and put a few layers of epoxy on it the side I rebuilt I used a belzona r metal product

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back