When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My first Pierce bike project

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
That bike's going to look incredible!

How did they finish the wood wheels back then—oil, varnish, shellac, or did it vary?

The wheels from the literature I found are natural wood with varnished finish,and aluminum painted finish with a variety of striping options.I am going with natural varnished just because I think they are beautiful looking!Thanks for the kind words!

Thanks Pete!The pedals originally are assembled,thin copper plate then nickeled and the axle and cap done seperately also copper then nickel then the whole pedal is assembled with beautiful,shiny components.One of mine was in pretty good shape,dissassembled it,glass beaded the parts then polished the parts and ready for plating.The other one I had to repair and resecure the band back to the axle tube front and back mounts.Bit of a challenge but it worked out good.Got to save all these good parts!!Good luck with yours!Tom

Here is serial number and the Stutzman rims!
GEDC4923.jpg
GEDC4924.jpg

GEDC4923.jpg

GEDC4924.jpg

Maybe someone with one of the Angola Emblem Pierce bikes could let us know if their bike serial number starts with an A

Yeah,the seat!Its been tough for me to do anything yet,as it is super nice original condition.Will first try cleaning it up and work on the leather to clean and soften back up.Its still in very nice shape for the age and never has had any hardware touched from the time it was assembled then painted by the factory.I will have to see after cleaning and cosmetic restoration goes.Just one of those weird things with me as its original only once.Maybe it will clean up nice enough to not stick out like a sore thumb!I also hope its correct as all the parts on this bike were as found and all matched patina wise and wear wise,seems the bike really was not messed with.But if there is anything not right,I sure would like to know and correct it.Thanks for looking,and keep an eye out!

Very nice. Check out the Pierce Serial number thread, there are a couple of bikes with the original carmine paint including mine, a 1908-1916 Buffalo chain drive model. Carmine with black pinstripping and those hard to tire 28" rims.

Looking for ward to seeing your finished bike.

Gary
PierceRoadster.jpg

Hi Gary,wow,thats nice!I am shocked to see another biker same as mine to get some proof of the age bracket for this bike.I have the 2 piece hanger with the early style 3 point contact bearings cup and cones.The literature I found so far shows when they changed to a 2 point contact hanger and a keway to secure the other side.What is on yours?Any specifics on your bike is appreciated.Is your serial number anything like mine,if I may ask?Your post made my day,I look forward to hearing from you again!Warmest Regards,Tom

Back