When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My first post here, and pics of a 1972 Super Sport I picked up over the weekend..

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
I'm going to get the same type brake pads that I use on my GT (only for the DiaCompe brakes, natch). They even make them in yellow to match the bike.

Nice find. Looks like it has had some things changed (derailleur, pedals, seat and possibly the freewheel).

It's a Schwinn seat, but I don't know if it's correct for the Super Sport. The rear wheel is chromed steel Schwinn instead of the proper Weinman alloy, so obviously that's been changed. Don't know about the freewheel. I'll be digging into that next week.
It's a SunTour derailleur, for what that's worth.

It should have a Brooks B15 Champion Standard on it. The original derailleur would have been a GT200 long cage, a lot of people have changed that for the Suntour.

I had a Brooks saddle on order--it was a B17--but when it was back-ordered until 8/16, then 8/23, then 9/13, I cancelled the order and used the money for a new chain and a Cateye computer.
I still want the Brooks, but it'll have to wait until I can sell some stereo gear.

When I need quick bicycle cash, I sell my neighbors pets. Don't try this in a farm community. They have pitch forks.

-----

Thanks for sharing this find.

You shall have lots of good fun with it; sounds like you already are! ;)

The Huret front mech is CPSC compliant which means it is too late for the bicycle. In case you care about getting it all period correct. If you don't then it is moot.

-----

Back