When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My First Pre War Bike! Roadmaster.

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

CrazyDave

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
I am hooked. Cruised her for a mile or so and she's solid! I need a chainguard for it. How about the experts tell me what they think? I'm in love.

DSCN0689.JPG

DSCN0690.JPG

DSCN0691.JPG

DSCN0693.JPG

DSCN0695.JPG

DSCN0693.JPG

DSCN0696.JPG

Where'd you find it? Looks like the same bike I missed at an estate sale in Kalamazoo back in 2012. Was going in when a guy brought it out, not a bike guy, he was gonna hang on the wall in his man cave. Didn't want to sell it to me.

Do you have a better pic of the fork crown?
Or the serial number?

Nice riding bikes. I have a Hawthorne version of that frame I ride often.

I traded for it, the guy was from around Grand Rapids area. Very nice guy, cool., definitely a bike guy, he had alotta drool worth stuff. Anyhow here are some pics and the serial. Any info in appreciated. It has two kickstands?! and the holes in the side of the rack...are those for tie downs or is it missing something or? Best route to find a chainguard?

Serial # B32674

DSCN0705.JPG

DSCN0706.JPG

If you want to find a chainguard just post it in the WANTED TO BUY section. You can also check on eBay.

Definitely the same bike I saw in 2012. Doesn't look like anything has been done to it since. I talked with the guy about how well it would clean up and ride after being regreased. But the guy had no interest, said he bought it for decoration. Don't know if you got it from the same guy I saw. You posted that you got five bikes in GR from a guy, was this one of them?
That model wasn't always equipped with a chainguard but nothing wrong with adding one. The holes in the rack were sometimes used for the wire hoops/mousetrap springs.

I think this guy bought it from the guy who got it when you saw it. He said he had it for a couple years and really just was into later bikes (he grabbed up two middleweights from me) Interesting!! We traded 2 bikes each and some parts. Good deal for both of us I think. This is not the same guy as the 5 in grand rapids, that guy is "bob" and he is on CL, another very cool guy who has over 100 bikes if he has one. https://grandrapids.craigslist.org/bik/5488724546.html
Ya think its pretty much stock eh? I love it, i want another and a girls model now. lol

Yea, I know Bob. Was last up there in November and don't remember seeing it. Though it's hard to tell with bikes inside and out and in every room!
I think it's basically a stock bike. With the rack and basket added.

Btw, last I knew Bob had both a 36 and a 38 Roadmaster girls bike. He switched the forks between the two. Almost picked those up.

Last edited:
Yea, I know Bob. Was last up there in November and don't remember seeing it. Though it's hard to tell with bikes inside and out and in every room!
I think it's basically a stock bike. With the rack and basket added.

Btw, last I knew Bob had both a 36 and a 38 Roadmaster girls bike. He switched the forks between the two. Almost picked those up.

I was floored when i went to Bob's place, he gave me the tour and asked if i wanted anything..heck, I couldn't remember half of what i just saw?! I filled the bike rack and the back of the jeep and left. lol. I am going back up there soon to pick up a couple more that i simply didn't have room for...thanks for the tip on the girls roadmasters, Ill be sure to fetch em if they are still around :D

Back