When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My First Pre War Bike! Roadmaster.

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
the fork that rustjunkie is selling is correct for your 1937 frame , the fender however is for a 1936 as it is not peaked

Hahah, I have had people saying it is a 36, 37 and 38, fork a 36, 37 , 40......I freely admit I have no idea and am just gonna rock it the way it is. :D I appreciate everyones help and kind advice, and if I ever find a set of fenders it will have to be after I figure out exactly what they should be! :D

Last edited:
bike is not a 36. Based on the serial # that you posted, it works out to be late 37-38 plus that chain ring supports that dating.

The fork is definitely not in the 1930's. I believe it was introduced in early 1940 or so.

I suggest you look over the thread on here regarding CWC serial numbers. lots of good info and pics.

Regardless of who's right or who's wrong on the dating, enjoy the hell out of that bike.

Good luck

Last edited:
bike is not a 36. Based on the serial # that you posted, it works out to be late 37-38 plus that chain ring supports that dating.

The fork is definitely not in the 1930's. I believe it was introduced in early 1940 or so.

I suggest you look over the thread on here regarding CWC serial numbers. lots of good info and pics.

Regardless of who's right or who's wrong on the dating, enjoy the hell out of that bike.

Good luck
Thanks, you and another have me convinced its a 37/8 and the forks wrong, but I like the fork, so its cool. lol. Ill head over to the serial # thread and learn me sumthin else :D Plan is to have the seat redone and grease up the ol girl and ride it till I can't no more!

Crazy dude! Great find, Dave.......cool bike....nothing wrong riding history even if it has mismatched parts. And it's a rider! It will be fun getting the correct parts in due time...enjoy it now just the way it is........Now let's go cruisin'

I'd leave the basket on, throw a 6er in it and ride around on it, reliving it's past!.......that basket is nouveau nerdy, especially on a men's bike!

I'd leave the basket on, throw a 6er in it and ride around on it, reliving it's past!.......that basket is nouveau nerdy, especially on a men's bike!
I almost did, but I think the rack, basket, and second kickstand took about 10 pounds off her, only weighs 50 now. lololol. Here she is with some schnazzy grips I got from a member here, hopefully get some matching clay tires and rock her!

DSCN0734.JPG

Back