When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My First Pre War Bike! Roadmaster.

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Well, I got er down to a frame and a chain....What tricks ya'll use to get the masterlink out of the chain? Are old skiptooth chain tools findable? Advice till I find one? I priced new chains.. :O My old one is just fine!

If it's a Diamond chain, I believe you just manipulate it off by using a bending motion on that link.
Yes sir. Just like CWCMAN said....grasp the links on each side of the master link with flat plate toward you and bend it toward you. You want to bring in the pins closer to each other so you can pop off the flat side off the pins. I use a small flat blade screwdriver to lift off the plate

The master link is designed to be removed w/o any tools: flex the chain together ans wiggle the side plate off.
...with yer 3rd hand just wiggle it right off...
Thats only because I don't have a vise...same as i were as a kid...

Hahaha, thanks guys, screwdriver and lil bending action and it popped right apart. DOH! Got it soaking in diesel fuel now :D Scrubbing her down I removed some more paint and grease on the BB and realized the first letter is not a B, it's a R in serial! DOH again...so I decided it was time for some paint removal to be sure i did not miss anything else...shes no cherry anyhow...Serial Reads R32674 with a "42B" upside down on the other side of BB. Guess that changes things a bit, eh?

DSCN0738.JPG

Hahaha, thanks guys, screwdriver and lil bending action and it popped right apart. DOH! Got it soaking in diesel fuel now :D Scrubbing her down I removed some more paint and grease on the BB and realized the first letter is not a B, it's a R in serial! DOH again...so I decided it was time for some paint removal to be sure i did not miss anything else...shes no cherry anyhow...Serial Reads R32674 with a "42B" upside down on the other side of BB. Guess that changes things a bit, eh?

View attachment 300711
R? Hmm, that's a first.

Back