When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My First Prewar Hawthorne...I Think...

-

HARPO

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I'll "ASSume" the bike is from roughly 1939-1941.

I just got this one today at a pre- estate sale. I saw the bike (from the back, hidden) in a photo in a corner of a garage that was going to be having a Sale this Saturday. Inquiring what it was and how much, and could he please send a couple of photos, we struck a deal and now it's mine.
The guys father was a "collector" of anything and everything. You name it, it was in the house. Something from an American Pickers episode is the best way to really describe it. His son, who is doin g the sale, said his father probably bought the bike at an auction or a garage sale way back.

The tires are petrified, and I'll need a saw to remove them. But, the entire bike appears to be completely original, including the paint and the pin-striping. I know the Troxel saddle is, along with those cool grips! Tires? Maybe...but I'll need to get a better look tomorrow.

Let me know what you think! 😜

IMG_3363.jpeg

IMG_3365.jpeg

IMG_3367.jpeg

IMG_3368.jpeg

IMG_3369.jpeg

IMG_3370.jpeg

IMG_3371.jpeg

IMG_3372.jpeg

IMG_3373.jpeg

IMG_3375.jpeg

IMG_3376.jpeg