When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My first question on J C Higgins

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Savinsam

Look Ma, No Hands!
Just got this J C Higgins Colorflow, about 90% original. # MOS-P, Mod 502-276. The headlight is missing. Should it have a 'Batwing' light, or were other lights used on this model? Also, how many different color combinations were used on this bike? Thanks for any help!

Sam like Mike says we really need pics to be of much help. Otherwise we are guessing and you may receive wrong info. V/r Shawn

Okay, I took lots of pics of my bike and then started dismantling it. Here's some pics. Rear tire looks absolutely original with dry rot and coming apart but tube still holds air! Would like to know what color combinations were used on this bike. I've done lots of body work / painting on restorations. Uncovered a dark green on the frame, but can't make out fender, rack, and other sheet metal parts colors. Someone long ago decided to brush paint everything white!

100_3962.JPG

100_3969.JPG

100_3970.JPG

Love,. Love, Love these front ends, deep fenders and rear racks - just so cool!

I took the tanks apart & found complete horn which does not work. Also sandblasted the tanks after removing the chrome bezels. There were no reflectors in them. I'll need some.

Probably looked something like this but with a batwing headlight. @47jchiggins restored this one so he may be able to help you with paint codes. V/r Shawn

Higgins Girls.JPG

Wow! Beautiful! Yes, I believe those are the colors that I'm uncovering. Thank you! Were there not reflectors in the tank bezels on all of these style bikes?

I see that the bike in photo has no jewels in the tank bezels. Did some have them and some not? Does anyone reproduce any of these? Thanks!

I believe that is correct--some did, some didn't. I defer to the Higgins experts out there as far as years/models go concerning this though. @47jchiggins may be able to help with this. V/r Shawn

Back