When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My first rat bike/ 1960 Schwinn Tornado/

-

Stingman

Finally riding a big boys bike
First off, I am a serious Schwinn Collector of Middleweights, ballooners, Sting Ray's. In my collection there is a certain condition level I only collect (7-10) condition, but always wanted to make a Schwinn rat bike. I finally got a chance when I picked up a 1960 Schwinn Tordanot straight bar. This was allot of fun and can now understand why people build rats! I may have to do another one?:D

Parts list, 26 inch Schwinn Torndao straight bar frame, 26 inch chrome rims, 26-2.125 tires, Schwinn seat covered in tiger fur, JC Higgins crank, Schwinn 4 leaf clover sprocket, JC Higgins fork in bare metal.

* Pinstriping and headlight will be coming soon!

Attachments

• IMAG0363.jpg
    IMAG0363.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 182
I restore about 4 bikes a year, back to origional, but I also build 1 ratbike a year as well. It's fun to get the creative juices flowing and it reminds me of when I was a kid just messing around with junk bikes.

Back