When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My first real Schwinn Phantom (1955)

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Jim Barnard

Wore out three sets of tires already!
Pretty nice find. There is a little bit of bad touch up.

I have had to add a seat, springer bits, lens, pedals, horn, rack jewel and reflector. Can't wait to ride her in a month or two...
IMG_8726[1].JPG

IMG_8727[1].JPG

IMG_8728[1].JPG

IMG_8729[1].JPG

IMG_8730[1].JPG

IMG_8731[1].JPG

Welcome to the club...finest riding post war bike mad! Once you get the proper saddle on there you'll know why!
Would you have a pic of what saddle is right for a 55? When it was hanging in the Bike Shop, it had the repro seat from the stool on it.
IMG_8745[1].JPG

Nice Phantom .. great overall look to it .. the seat on your deluxe Hornet in the background looks to be the correct seat for the Phantom that year with the newer style non locking bolt through springer up front .. later years would have the plastic Schwimn approved embossed seat ... Also a set of Schwinn AS end cap pedals like the ones on the limited edition Phantom bar stool would be the original pedals for the bike ... Love the Caddy too ..1964 ?? ... You'll love the ride of the Cantilever Schwinn frames .. the best Postwar riders hands down ... they're what made Schwinn a Icon & a legend .. Ridden not Hidden - Frank

Thanks Frank! I will swap the seats out before the maiden voyage. Did these ever come with a S/A tri coaster or was an AB used with a front drum to help out... or was bendix 2 speeds available only? I know someone else made a 3 speed but cant remember what it was. It is about to be windy season here and speeds would help.

The Caddy is a 59 fleetwood a full 19 1/2 feet long. Her name is Large Marge. I have fit 9 Italians in the trunk.

Jim

Back