When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My first refurbish project.

-

Jason85

Look Ma, No Hands!
Just started this refurbish. This is my first try. Any advice? Anyone know the year?
99e836e877573462d5ae7453e6535418.jpg
365312b036abd40c4cf030f3820ef580.jpg
2b3cd178ed7a4c763f3fbc48c28cee33.jpg

Sent from my G60 using Tapatalk

Those forks look scary from what I can see in the pictures. I'd take the rack off the back and save it for a 26 inch bike. The wheels will probably need Rebuilt to ride smoothly. If it has original paint i wouldn't paint it. Have fun with it! I'm thinking 50s.

They're bent, to the rear and it looks a little skewed to the right from the head on photo. They also look crimped on the inside.

A favorite accident was a car rollover bending the forks. Damn kids dropped their bike the driveway and dad backs out. . . . Forks can be bent back in a vise but this a caveman task. These forks look flattened for fat tire clearance? Some kind, gentle person will probably stumble on to your thread with period pictures. Rollfast guys quickly sniff out their favorite ride. Good luck

as far as the serial number, check the bottom bracket (hanger bracket) most likely there.

It is a good looking bike, a lot of potential.

@Krakatoa does fork repairs, he might be able to fix them, you could ask him.

Or, there is a set on ebay, of a girls bike, you would have to have the steer tube cut down and threaded. @Krakatoa does that also.

1588385532524.png

Back